(Repentance is NOT Guilt!)
Repentance is NOT about punishing yourself,
opening up old wounds,
and beating yourself up again and again!
Repentance is about removing all obstacles of sin
that are separating you from God!
Repentance is repositioning ourselves,
turning from sin and facing toward God.
When we face God,
we leave our shadow of sin behind.
Inspired from an Ash Wednesday Service by Reverend Jack Soper of Arapaho United Methodist Church, Richardson, Texas
For it is by grace you have been saved,
and this not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God—
not by works,
so that no one can boast.
“Remembering Our Baptisms” and “Repentance” are so much more than remorse and penitence! Repentance is so much more than regret, making yourself feel bad for past wrong doings/(sin)!
· Repentance is NOT derogation; continually belittling yourself and putting yourself down.
· Repentance is not humiliating yourself and debasing yourself.
· Repentance means to change position: To change your mind, your way of thinking, your attitude, your behavior, and to change your life.
· Repentance is to open your heart and mind; to open your heart and mind to God.
· When you repent – The Process Begins;
YOU become a “Kingdom (of Heaven) Builder!”
God is telling you:
“I Love YOU!
I Forgive YOU!
Now Get Back to Work!”